Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunday Morning on Main St








There is nothing like hopping around Main St. on a sunny Sunday morning, (which is more like 11-3am, because who gets up earlier than 10 on a Sunday?). Today was the day of the Recessionista Shopping Event at Heritage Hall on Main, which I have been looking forward to for weeks! A room packed with local designers selling their items for $25 and under, obviously I'm so there. And all who went got a gift bag with a free yoga session coupon, and 3 free tanning coupons, (hello instant beach body!). I got an amazing "gold" coral ring that has "diamonds" set into the coral, fake, obviously, but gorgeous all the same. 

After Heritage Hall we visited some of the vintage shops, like Bohemia Gallery. This place has to be one of my favourite vintage shops, there's such quirky stuff to look at, and somehow I always find a real gem, like the white and black Italian leather purse that is printed to look like croc, soo excited to wear this! So we're browsing around and the owner of the shop tells she just "got a new designer upstairs!" And how she "loves her new designer!" I'd like to have my own designer upstairs too, some people have all the luck. Anyways, good thing we heard about the upstairs because there was heaps more vintage! I found a fabulous sequin bolero, black with gold tiger stripes. I plan to wear it for day, I think sequins make everyday an occasion, why hide them at night? In the sun they shine like mad and it's just fabulous. 

Check out the "new designer's" loft where she sells her work, called ODP Designs. The collection is created with old clothes made new by re-designing the shapes, cutting up, adding buttons, straps and everything else. Amazing loft she's got there.

My outfit: 
Sparkly pink hoody: American Apparel
Dark skinnies: K by Karl Lagerfeld
Nude gladiator wedges: Nine West
Rose gold watch: Fossil

No comments:

Post a Comment