Monday, June 29, 2009

Hmph, Fashion is Not Frivolous

So this is my first post where I'm feeling less than happy. Why is it that so many people see fashion, (the purchasing of shoes, clothes, accessories, etc) as a waste of time and money? Because they don't understand the passion behind it. Clothes are art for the body, what you wear expresses who you are. Shoes, in my opinion are more of an art form than say some odd sculpture, they transform your mood, your stature and your look. (And they act as art, well mine do, sitting atop shelves, tables, and sometimes the fridge-I want to see the sparkly Miu Mius every minute!). 
I'm writing this because yesterday a girl at work heard how I love shoes, and that I have a lot of them, (I haven't got a figure for you, as I have never counted how many pairs I own. One day I will.) and she wanted to talk to me about how wasteful that is, and that you really only need a few good pairs. I would die if I had to choose between a few pairs, as would every other fashionista I'm sure. 
I'd like to thank Carrie Bradshaw for making it more acceptable to be proud of being a shoe-addict. 
I'm done now, and off to Holts, I hear they have Blogger-inspired windows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment