Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Stephen Sprouse/Debbie Harry Combo



Debbie Harry has long been a favourite of mine. It's something about her quirky sense of style, how bold she is and how genuinely her personality shines through to the exterior. You can imagine how excited I was when I found a copy of her Rockbird album last spring at a record shop. The cover art is gorgeous, I have it on my wall, and it only cost 99 cents. One of my best purchases. Then this past fall I was searching through a little record shop on Hastings and found Harry's album for her single "French Kissin" with the same cover art in different colours. 

So then the other day I'm on style.com looking through the beauty icons bit (click here to see what I'm talking about) and see an article about Stephen Sprouse designing Debbie Harry's album cover, as well as clothes for her! Yayy I own a piece of Stephen Sprouse-designed art!

Top: the original album

Bottom: the two albums I own

No comments:

Post a Comment