Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My DIY





My first year out of high school was spent at Kwantlen, doing my first year of their Design and Technology degree program. Sadly, after that first year I realized that it just wasn't for me, but I did get the opportunity to create a lot of my own designs, turn them into patterns and then out together the actual garment. And so I have these clothes lying around that I've made, and some of them aren't exactly my style, so I did a little fixing, using my favourite vintage cut offs as a bit of a length-determiner. 

For this particular garment I created, (high waisted denim trousers), we had to also make a mock version, and so I did my mock in leopard print, (why the heck not, right?). At the time they were very outlandish, but I'm soo glad I chose leopard because now they're hot high waisted shorts! I also chopped the denim pair, and wore them out that day! 

Except for that I got a little scissor happy and cut them too short so you can see my bum, but I came up with a very exciting way to fix this: a ruffle at the back. I know, sounds odd, but just trust me, it'll look great and I'll post a picture when they're finished.

1 comment:

  1. A+ on making use outta those ridiculous leapord pants!!! :) didn't we all make fun of those??? Livvvy you can rock just about anything...
    I still have mine tucked into a massive binder somewhere....

    ReplyDelete