Wednesday, July 15, 2009

80s Fashion

I'm quite pleased that the 80s are back with such a vengeance. All the glamour, the extravagance of the 80s silhouette is something we neeeed to have back. Like the big shoulders, and big hair, and big make-up, (Well maybe we can do without the blue eye shadow-red lips combo). Ooooh and the fabulous matching leather clutch and shoes, that was a staple then. I adore how 80s fashion was really about the fabrics. Ever look into your Mother's closet and pull out the silk dresses or beautiful wool suits? I did, and I fell in love with them.

I'd like to see a return to the gorgeous woven fabrics, anything other than all the stretchy knits that clothe all us westerners, (ask anyone, I will NOT wear yoga-wear as clothing, a.k.a. Lululemon. Those are work out clothes, not street clothes in my opinion. Why not a beautiful cotton sundress to be comfortable in??).

Anyways, my favourite movie is "Working Girl" starring Melanie Griffith and Harrison Ford, and so I'd like to show the trailer for the movie, check out the black sparkly evening dress she wears at about the half-way point! So cute.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment